Homemade Bread Bowl Beef Stew
Beef stew is such a great comfort food. I love fixing it in the winter time. It is so delicious! This beef stew is perfect for serving in a bread bowl. Impress your guests with a fun bread bowl meal. The great thing about using bread bowls is that you avoid a lot of clean up but I’d still want to serve it on a plate. Not sure how to use a bread bowl? Learn how to construct a bread bowl.
Be sure to also check out our homemade crock pot beef stew!
- 2 lbs. cubed stew beef
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4-6 cups water
- 1-2 medium/large red onions
- 2 tablespoons Worchester Sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 6 large potatoes chopped
- 6 large carrots chopped
- ½ cup chopped Italian Parsley
- ¼ cup Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 ranch mix seasoning packet
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Brown meat in hot oil over a medium heat.
- Add browned meat and oil to a large cooking pot with a lid.
- Add sliced onions and chopped garlic to the pot.
- Add enough water to cover all the ingredients.
- Mix in sugar, ranch packet, Montreal seasoning, and Worchester sauce.
- Bring water to a boil, cover and let simmer for 90 minutes.
- After 90 minutes, mix in parsley, potatoes, and carrots.
- Return to boil and continue to simmer for an additional 40 minutes
- Stir occasionally, once potatoes and carrots are soft (you can easily stick a fork into them) the stew is ready to be served.
Do you have any favorites to serve in a bread bowl? Comment below and share with us!