Zesty Potato Skins
Potato skins are a great finger food for any party including game day Sunday. These delicious Zesty Potato Skins offer a southwestern kick with a festive flavor. Pair them with a creamy dressing.
Number of Servings: 8 (192 G )
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 6 medium red potatoes, baked (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces fat-free or low-fat cottage cheese, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 24 black olive slices (4 large olives)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut each potato in half. Scoop out the center, leaving about 1/4 inch of potato on the inside of each skin. Cut the skins into quarters. Lightly spray the insides of the skins with vegetable oil spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, cumin, and pepper. Sprinkle the mixture evenly on the insides of the potatoes. Place the skins with skin side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, process the remaining ingredients except the olives until smooth.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the cottage cheese mixture onto each potato skin and top with an olive slice.
Recipe courtesy of Guiding Stars.