For homeowners who have installed a pool, they know how fun and convenient it can be, especially during summer. The only downside is taking the necessary measures in order to maintain your swimming pool in a proper way. Otherwise, you will have to spend a lot of time, as well as money, to clean those cloudy waters and residue. Here are some tips from our experts around the web on the best things you can do to keep your investment healthy.
- Balance the chlorine levels accordingly: You need to keep a proper balance in the chlorine level of your pool. This depends on how frequent you use your swimming pool. The objective of adding chlorine to the pool is to make sure that it is clean from microorganisms and bacteria. Maintaining the proper chlorine level can keep you away from sicknesses which take place as a result of the action of these microorganisms.
- Maintain an acidity in between 7.4 to 7.6 pH in your pool: If you can maintain this level of acidity in your swimming pool, you will be able to stay away from those frustrating eye irritations. This can also keep your pipes clean from corrosion and residue buildup. However, you should also note that pH values below 7 or above 8 can let water-born organisms flourish, creating a host of new problems for you.
- Do not add any “special” chemicals to the pool: There are some people who add different types of chemicals to the pool instead of chlorine. Keep in mind that adding the proper amount of chlorine is more than enough to keep it away from germs and keep your pool healthy.
- Keep algae away from your pool: No matter how busy you are, you need to clean your swimming pool on a regular basis. If you experience green water in your pool instead of blue ones, it is the high time to clean it and eliminate all the algae that has been built.
- Shock your poll frequently after heavy use: If you keep your pool exposed to heavy rains or keep it exposed to hot weather for a long time, it can be full of bacteria. You can simply purchase a pool shocker from the market at an affordable price and shock it in a proper way.
- Clean your filters regularly: Even though this sounds like a simple task, you need to pay close attention towards it. Cleaning your filters regularly will enhance the water circulation process of your swimming pool while keeping it clean.
- Use a floater with chlorine tabs: This can be considered as the most effective option available to add chlorine to your pool on a daily basis. This method ensures that your pool has a proper level of chlorine throughout the entire day.
Maintaining your pool does not need to be incredibly hard, but you will need to be consistent. If you pay close attention towards the above mentioned tips, you will get the opportunity to own a great swimming pool which cannot spoil your summer fun. So get out there and get that pool in amazing shape before it heats up!