This shop has been compensated by Bloggin’ Mamas and BodyArmor. All opinions are mine alone.
My son is active in various sports but his real passion is in baseball. Throughout the year he is either playing in a league or practicing with his coach. While you can get a baseball bag here for your player to carry all of his gear, as a baseball mom it’s also important for me to always carry along my top sports bag essentials. Although some of these items aren’t necessarily in a bag, I do keep them in my car at all times.
Sports Bag Essentials
- Healthy Snacks. Always have a healthy snack on hand for your kids when you are traveling to sporting events. Plus, their bodies need the fuel to perform their best. I either grab various healthy snack bars at the store or make my favorite healthy granola bars for easy packing.
- BODYARMOR Sports Drink. I love keeping these sports drinks on hand for sport activities. The BODYARMOR Sports Drink offers my son superior hydration with only natural flavors, sweeteners and provides him with needed electrolytes. I always grab a variety of flavors when shopping at my local Hy-Vee or Price Chopper.
- Water. I always keep water on hand for my husband and I to stay hydrated during those hot summer ballgames.
- Athletic Gear Spray. Kids stink and so does their sports bag. My son’s baseball bag can get pretty funky smelling. I love keeping my favorite athletic gear spray Godors on hand to keep the smell at bay and not creating an odor in my car. Be sure to check out my son’s FB live video taste testing the flavors for the first time.
- Blankets. I always keep several blankets folded in my trunk for those chilly spring and summer nights. Another great idea is to keep sweatshirts or jackets on hand too.
- Umbrella. We’ve had a few rainy games already and I have been so happy to have packed our umbrella.
- Camp Chair or Seat Cushions. I can hardly stand sitting on bleachers so we normally sit in our camp folding chairs or get a seat cushion you can use to pad those hard bleachers.
- First Aid Kit. Always keep a first aid kit on hand when you have kids. You never know when they could get injured. I suggest having at least assorted bandages, anti-itch cream, small collapsible scissors, antibiotic cream and sunscreen.
- Extra Shoes. When it rains during a baseball game it means my son is going to have some messy cleats. We try to always toss in a pair of sneakers for him to change into before getting in the car.
- Hand Sanitizer and Wipes. The hand sanitizer is great for germs while the wipes are perfect for cleaning up messy kids.
Be sure to get your coupon so you can drink BODYARMOR like an athlete should! BODYARMOR is the #1 natural sports drink!
Do you store anything else with your sports bag essentials? Comment below and share with us!