Don’t drop the ball when it comes to hosting a top notch Super Bowl party this year! Jennifer Carver, of Spaceships and Laser Beams, is sharing her winning Super Bowl party ideas. Jen suggests focusing on the 3 Ds: decorations, drinks and desserts!
The Super Bowl only comes around once a year, and even if you are not a football fan, the most watched sporting event has to be celebrated. Whether you go all out or keep things simple, create a festive environment for the big game by decorating. Here are a few of my favorite Super Bowl decorating ideas:
- Gather footballs (both large and mini) to use as décor and to toss around during commercial breaks and/or half-time.
- String pom poms like garland in either opposing team colors or focus on the house favorite
- Add team posters, logos or pennant flags
- Display team jerseys or hats
- Display mini or large sized replica helmets
- Create a football upright out of PVC pipe and display it as part of your food or dessert table
- Decorate your dining table or refreshment table with a faux football field with green wrapping paper, a plastic table cover or artificial turf. White yard lines can be created with paint, electrical tape or even ribbon.
- Purchase football shaped helium balloons or balloons in team colors.
- Purchase licensed NFL team paper plates, napkins and cups.
When it comes to drinks, you definitely don’t want to disappoint! Invite guests to bring their favorite drink to share. Purchase your own stockpile of beverages and be sure to consider your guests and their ages. Have plenty of child friendly drinks such as juice, water and milk for any children in attendance. Dress up your beverages with printable referee striped wrappers, drink cozies, whistles, mini pom poms and straws! A few things to consider for your drink station:
- Have plenty of ice.
- Provide plenty of cups.
- Consider supplying markers to write names on cups for reuse.
- Have a supply of beverage napkins.
- Provide fun striped straws in team colors.
So you can focus on desserts, invite guests to bring a favorite finger food or appetizer to share. Wow guests with your football themed desserts. Think of all of the fun football shaped and themed desserts you can make or coordinate:
- Chocolate covered strawberries with white frosted football laces
- Football shaped brownies
- Football cake pops
- Football, helmet or jersey decorated sugar cookies
- Cupcakes with fondant helmets or footballs
- Football themed cake
Of course, other stadium style snacks and treats would make a great addition to a dessert table too. Here are just a few suggestions:
- Cotton Candy
- Licorice/Boxes of candy
With your focus on the 3 Ds—decorations, drinks and desserts—and your game face on, you’re sure to plan a Super Bowl celebration that will really wow! A winning party is in your hands!