The Perfect Christmas Table Setting & Party Planning Tips
I absolutely love Christmas, getting together with family and decorating for the holidays. If you’re having guests over then I am sure you love to decorate more and create the perfect setting for that party with friends or family. Here are some great tips on setting the perfect table and planning the perfect party.
1. Theme Start with a theme. Everything you select from now for your table setting will be based on your theme. If you are setting a table for Christmas you also need to think about if it will be casual or formal. A casual table setting will be quite different than a formal one.
2. China or Dinnerware If this will be a formal table setting you will want to get out your best china. We normally opt for something more simple with some fun and festive Christmas plates.
3. Set Your Table Go ahead and set your table with your selected dinnerware or china This will help you create the decor around it or know where to place any kind of centerpieces you might want to use. Think about what type of glasses or cups you might need. Using large mugs or wine glasses is recommended since you can use them for any type of drink.
4. Table Cover We opted to keep our table simple and leave off a tablecloth. You can get creative with this by using a sheet or table runner. Go to your local fabric store and buy your own. It can really set a different mood for the table setting.
5. Napkins Select napkins to fit your theme. You could add a big pop of color to simple white china with colorful napkins. For a formal setting you’ll want to opt for cloth napkins and your favorite napkin rings.
6. Centerpiece You can use a wide variety of things for your centerpiece. Select your favorite fresh flowers or set flame less candles in the center of the table. The centerpiece can be subtle or grand. It’s really up to you and your theme.
Get creative with your table settings and party planning. Be sure to keep a checklist so you’ll stay on track and have everything ready for your big night. I suggest setting up your table beforehand so you’ll know what works and what else you might need. We love to decorate the room for the theme especially during Christmas time.
What are your best tips for setting a table and planning your party?