Star Wars Yoda Chocolate Recipe
I’m sure you’ve already gotten your Star Wars: The Force Awakens movie tickets to watch it in theaters this Friday so here’s a fun recipe for you to create to celebrate the big day! These Star Wars Yoda chocolates are perfect for a Star Wars movie night party. A great way to impress all those Star Wars fan friends!
Time: 1.5 hours | Serves: 4
- Wilton Rolled Fondant (White) – Wilton Decorator Preferred Fondant, 24-Ounce, White
- Green Food Coloring
- Blue Food Coloring
- Black Food Coloring
- Brown Food Coloring
- Disney Star Wars Fruit Flavored Gummy Snacks – Star Wars Fruit Flavored Snacks
- Fondant Knife – Wilton 3-Piece Fondant and Gum Paste Tool Set
Chocolate Candy Ingredients
- 1 cup Wilton Cocoa Candy Melts – Wilton Candy Cocoa Melts
- 1 Wilton Stack-N-Melt Candy Mold (http://www.michaels.com/candy-mold-truffle/10404866.html – you can buy in-store also)
- You may use a Wilton Candy Melt Pot to heat cocoa candy melts if you have one. Otherwise, microwave candy melts at 50% for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat at 50% for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat at 50% in 15-second intervals and stir until completely smooth. Do not over heat.
- Carefully pour cocoa candy melts into square and rectangular cavities in mold. Gently tap mold onto counter to release air bubbles. Place in freezer for approximately 40 minutes.
- Add a mixture of green, blue and black food coloring to white fondant until you achieve desired green. Massage fondant into a ball. Use a fondant roller to flatten fondant on a clean surface.
- Add brown food coloring to white fondant until you achieve desired brown. Massage fondant into a ball. Use a fondant roller to flatten fondant on clean surface.
- Using fondant knife, carefully cut robe shape into green fondant (looks similar to a whale’s tale). Flip collar. Cut sleeves (2 per Yoda) from green fondant and roll them. Cut trunk-shape from brown fondant and place inside green robe. Turn robe inward, add sleeves and bring collar down. Add tiny brown button to collar.
- Add Yoda-shaped gummy head to body. Cut off 2 tiny pieces from an extra Yoda gummy and place inside sleeves to replicate hands.
- Remove mold from freezer. Gently release chocolates from mold.
- Place Yoda on top of 1 to 2 chocolates (you can use a decorating gel or frosting to secure each Yoda if desired). Serve and enjoy.
Star Wars Printable Coloring & Activity Sheets for Kids
What do you plan to do to celebrate Star Wars: The Force Awakens opening in theaters? Comment below and share with us!
Deborah Dumm says
These are so cute! My nephew would help me make them.
Pamela Gurganus says
Oh my goodness! These chocolates are so awesome! How creative and talented you are! Thank you for sharing!
Irene Lirette says
HOW ADORABLE ARE THESE??!!! OMGOSH! EXCELLENT FOR A BIRTHDAY PARTY! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS! LOVE!! <3
What a perfect time to find this recipe for the star wars fans in my family. How fun and looks yummy too.
Deb E says
I didn’t know they made Star Wars gummies but how great to surprise the kids with these. Like they need more sugar energy to get excited about the new Star Wars movie, lol.
Tamra Phelps says
Lol, I love it! Yoda has been a favorite of mine since I was a teenager, over 30 years ago.
These are super awesome! My whole family will go nuts for these. This is the perfect dessert to have when that new edition of’The Force Awakens’ comes out on DVD later this year. I will also love making another batch before we go to see ‘Star Wars: Rogue One’. Two of America’s all-time faves together: Star Wars and chocolate!