Star Wars Yoda Chocolate Recipe
I’m sure you’ve already gotten your Star Wars: The Force Awakens movie tickets to watch it in theaters this Friday so here’s a fun recipe for you to create to celebrate the big day! These Star Wars Yoda chocolates are perfect for a Star Wars movie night party. A great way to impress all those Star Wars fan friends!
Time: 1.5 hours | Serves: 4
- Wilton Rolled Fondant (White) – Wilton Decorator Preferred Fondant, 24-Ounce, White
- Green Food Coloring
- Blue Food Coloring
- Black Food Coloring
- Brown Food Coloring
- Disney Star Wars Fruit Flavored Gummy Snacks – Star Wars Fruit Flavored Snacks
- Fondant Knife – Wilton 3-Piece Fondant and Gum Paste Tool Set
Chocolate Candy Ingredients
- 1 cup Wilton Cocoa Candy Melts – Wilton Candy Cocoa Melts
- 1 Wilton Stack-N-Melt Candy Mold (http://www.michaels.com/candy-mold-truffle/10404866.html – you can buy in-store also)
- You may use a Wilton Candy Melt Pot to heat cocoa candy melts if you have one. Otherwise, microwave candy melts at 50% for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat at 50% for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat at 50% in 15-second intervals and stir until completely smooth. Do not over heat.
- Carefully pour cocoa candy melts into square and rectangular cavities in mold. Gently tap mold onto counter to release air bubbles. Place in freezer for approximately 40 minutes.
- Add a mixture of green, blue and black food coloring to white fondant until you achieve desired green. Massage fondant into a ball. Use a fondant roller to flatten fondant on a clean surface.
- Add brown food coloring to white fondant until you achieve desired brown. Massage fondant into a ball. Use a fondant roller to flatten fondant on clean surface.
- Using fondant knife, carefully cut robe shape into green fondant (looks similar to a whale’s tale). Flip collar. Cut sleeves (2 per Yoda) from green fondant and roll them. Cut trunk-shape from brown fondant and place inside green robe. Turn robe inward, add sleeves and bring collar down. Add tiny brown button to collar.
- Add Yoda-shaped gummy head to body. Cut off 2 tiny pieces from an extra Yoda gummy and place inside sleeves to replicate hands.
- Remove mold from freezer. Gently release chocolates from mold.
- Place Yoda on top of 1 to 2 chocolates (you can use a decorating gel or frosting to secure each Yoda if desired). Serve and enjoy.
What do you plan to do to celebrate Star Wars: The Force Awakens opening in theaters? Comment below and share with us!