Spider Web Halloween Cupcakes Recipe
Fall is my favorite time of year here in the Midwest so of course I am a huge lover of all things Halloween. I love to decorate and bake anything with a fun spooky theme. This spider web cupcakes recipe is perfect for your kids or any Halloween party. Plus, the kids always have fun playing with plastic spiders! I like to wash them after use and save them for next year. Enjoy!
Yields: 24 cupcakes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 box white cake mix (plus required ingredients listed on the box, i.e. eggs, oil & water)
- 1 container white frosting
- Black gel writing frosting
- Spider Rings
- Cupcake liners
- Bake cupcakes as directed on box.
- Allow cupcakes to cool. Spread a flat layer of white frosting onto each cupcake.
- Using the black gel writing frosting, place a dot in the middle of the cupcake. Draw a circle around the dot, followed by one slightly larger circle, and a third larger circle.
- Using a toothpick, start in the center dot and pull the toothpick through the frosting to the outer edge of the cupcake. Repeat this step to create a web – wiping the toothpick clean on a paper towel after each swipe.
- Once the web is drawn, press a spider ring into the cupcake to complete the cupcake decoration.
Be sure you check out our other Halloween recipes!
What’s your favorite Halloween creation? Leave a comment below and share it with us!