Snowman Rice Krispie Treats
These fun snowman rice krispie treats are perfect to create for any kid parties. First, make your Rice Krispie treats and then decorate to make a cute snowman. You can decorate each snowman different or make them all the same! Too cute!
Be sure to check out our other Christmas Recipes!
Use 9 x 13 Pan | Yields 8-10 Snowmen
Make Your Rice Krispies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- Two 10 oz. bags of mini marshmallows
- 10 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with vegetable spray and set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat.
3. Add the marshmallows to the melted butter, stirring constantly.
4. Once the marshmallows are melted, remove from heat and stir in the cereal. Add the salt and stir until well-coated.
5. Using a rubber spatula (sprayed with vegetable spray ), transfer the cereal mixture to the prepared pan and press down firmly and evenly.
6. Allow the Rice Krispies to cool in the pan completely.
Make Your Snowmen
- 1/2 cup Wilton white chocolate melts
- 3-4 strings black licorice (cut into eight 4 inch strips)
- 8 Orange sprees
- 16 brown M&M’s
- 16 gummy life savers
- Wilton black icing gel
How to Assemble the Snowmen:
1. Using a circle cookie cutter, cut out 8 snowman faces from your pan of cooled Rice Krispies.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the Wilton chips for 40 seconds. Stir until melted.
3. Spread a thin layer of the melted white chocolate on top of each round Rice Krispies treat. (Save any extra white chocolate for the assembly process).
4. Immediately firmly press a licorice strand onto the top of each snowman to resemble the top of ear muffs.
5. If the white chocolate on top of the Rice Krispies treats has hardened, you may have to microwave your remaining white chocolate for an additional 10-15 seconds.
6. For each snowman, dip one side of 2 lifesavers into the chocolate and place on the snowman to resemble the ear muffs.
7. Dip one side of 2 M&M’s into the chocolate and place on each snowman for the eyes.
8. Dip each candy Spree into the melted chocolate and press firmly into each snowman for the nose.
9. Using a Wilton black icing tube, pipe small dots to form the mouths.
Do you have any fun ways to decorate Rice Krispies? Try our Minion Krispie Rice Treats. Share the ways you decorate them in the comments below!
Shakeia Rieux says
That is cute and a great idea!I never thought about making snowman rice krispie treats,but i know my nieces and nephew would have so much fun doing this
I can’t wait to make these with my toddler! He saw Frosty the Snowman movie last month and has been obsessed with snowmen ever since.
Beth R says
These are so darling. I love that my kids can help me make these! I think we are making these next time it snows