Skeleton Candy Halloween Recipe
Are you ghost and goblins looking for a spooky skeleton candy Halloween recipe? Look no further! Okay, maybe it’t not super spooky but this skeleton candy recipe is super cute! Grab your candy molds and get to work! This is such a fun recipe to create for kid Halloween parties and more!
Skeleton Candy Melt Mold in Little Debbie Brownie
- 1 Cup Wilton Bright White Candy Melts
- Green Icing Color
- Yellow Icing Color
- 2 Little Debbie Brownies
- Wilton Skeleton Candy Mold (http://www.partycity.com/product/skeleton%20bones%20candy%20mold.do?kwid=skeleton%20bones%20candy%20mold&qcid&ref=ci&extcmp=pla%7cGoogle)
- Begin by microwaving ½ cup bright white candy melts in a small bowl at 50% for 45 seconds. Stir. Microwave at 50% for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave at 50% for 15 seconds. Stir. Continue to microwave in 10-second intervals at 50% until candy is completely melted. Do NOT overheat or candy will become hard. If this happens, add a small spoonful of Crisco, heat for 10 seconds at 50%, and stir until smooth.
- Using a disposable icing bag, fill it with the white candy melts. Cut a small hole at the tip of the bag. Slowly squeeze the candy melt icing into each bone mold. Do so as evenly as possible. Gently tap the mold against counter to ensure any air bubbles disappear.
- Place mold in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Repeat step #1 with the remaining ½ cup of bright white candy melts.
- Add green and yellow icing color at a 5 to 1 ratio, or until you get desired lime green color. Stir to distribute coloring evenly.
- On a flat object (a paper plate or long piece of plastic should work find), add green candy melts. Brush the melts back and forth with a spoon or paintbrush. It will be uneven.
- Place in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove white skeleton mold and layer of green candy melts from freezer.
- Gently pop each bone from mold. You will have 2 full skeletons. Set aside.
- Using a spatula, scrape hardened green candy melt from surface of plate (or whatever you used to freeze it on). Set aside.
- Remove any nuts or cosmic candies from brownies if you did not buy the plain brownies. Using a knife, carve tiny armholes and leg holes on sides of each brownie.
- Place white skeleton mold onto brownie and connect arms and legs in each hole.
- Add lime green candy melt pieces to brownie. This will resemble grass on a grave.
- Serve and enjoy!