This is the first recipe I have made using my fabulous new KitchenAid Mixer. How did I ever live without this kitchen necessity? I absolutely love it and this is definitely the best pumpkin bread recipe that I have ever tasted. I used the Dassant Pumpkin Spice Bread Mix along with a few additional ingredients to create a delicious treat for Thanksgiving Day.
Dassant Premium Baking Mixes are very simple to prepare while still giving you a taste as if they were made from scratch. The Pumpkin Spice Bread is a seasonal favorite and perfect for any Fall day. Just add your ingredients, mix, bake and you get the same quality as a home cooked bread. Of course, I added the home-made frosting to satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth.
You’ll find the recipe at the end of this post. First, I preheated my oven to 350º F. I used a 9 x 5 loaf pan and greased it with cooking spray. Then I combined my eggs, oil, water, and canned pumpkin in my mixer. I added my Dassant Pumpkin Spice Bread Mix and folded together until the batter was smooth.
I poured the batter into my pan and spread it filling the corners and leveling the top. I baked it in the over for 55 minutes until I could stick a toothpick in the center and it came out clean. Allow the bread to sit for approximately 15 to 20 minutes before adding the delicious icing.
To make the icing I used melted butter, canned pumpkin, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and confectioner’s sugar. I blended the ingredients in my mixer until smooth. I then poured it over my bread. It was fairly runny when I added it to my bread but it quickly hardens. If your icing is too thick you can add small drops of hot water. I think I added too much but it was still delicious and a nice treat atop the bread loaf.
Be sure to buy your Dassant Mix in store or online!
- For Bread:
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- Dassant Pumpkin Spice Bread Mix
- For Icing:
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- For Bread:
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly grease standard 8×4 pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Combine eggs, oil, water, and canned pumpkin. Add mix. Fold together until batter is smooth, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into pan and spread, filling corners and leveling top.
- Bake at 350º F for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- For Icing:
- MELT butter; stir in pumpkin, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Add confectioner’s sugar.
- BLEND until smooth.
- Spread icing on bread approximately 15 to 20 minutes after removing from oven.
- If icing is too thick, thin with drops of hot water.