I love pineapple. I love cupcakes. So, why not put these two together and create some delicious pineapple upside down cupcakes? Yes, please!
These are super easy and ready in just 45 minutes and you’ll make enough to eat them all week long! Enjoy!
Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes
Yields: 24 cupcakes
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 24 maraschino cherries
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Move an oven rack into the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 24 muffin cups.
- Line a work surface with waxed paper
- Spoon 1 teaspoon melted butter into the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon brown sugar in each muffin cup.
- Press a maraschino cherry into the center of the brown sugar in each muffin cup.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of crushed pineapple over the cherry and compact it with the back of a spoon into an even layer.
- Mix yellow cake mix, eggs, pineapple juice and vegetable oil in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Turn mixer speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes.
- Pour cake batter into the muffin cup, filling them to the top; do not overfill.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool at least 5 minutes before inverting muffin cups onto the wax paper to release. Serve with pineapple and cherry sides up.
What’s your favorite type of cupcakes? Comment below and share with us!