Mint Oreo Truffle Balls Recipe
Try these delicious mouth water Oreo truffle balls recipes. These are perfect for any party or gathering. They are the perfect bite sized treats. They would be great for any Christmas or holiday party!
Mint Oreo Truffle Balls
Yields: 30-35 truffles | Time: 1 hour
- 1 (15.25 oz) package Mint Crème Oreos
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional: Sprinkles and green candy melts
1. Process the Oreos (entire cookie including filling) in a food processor or blender. Pulse until crumbs are formed.
2. Using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the Oreo crumbs with cream cheese until combined. The mixture will be thick and sticky.
3. Using your hands, roll into 30-35 balls. Place balls on a parchment paper lined backing sheet or a silicone mat-lined baking sheet. Freeze the truffles for at least 30 minutes. If they are not cold and solid, the melted chocolate will not coat the balls properly.
4. Melt the chocolate in a bowl as directed on packaging. Working with one truffle at a time, completely coat the outside of each ball. To do this, simply drop a truffle into the chocolate, swirl it around with a fork and then pick it up using the fork’s prongs. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to allow the excess coating to drip off, and place on lined baking sheet. *If using green candy melts, coat truffle and immediately add sprinkles before coating dries. Also use to drizzle on top of chocolate coated truffles.
5. Refrigerate the truffles for at least 10 minutes so the chocolate sets. Truffles must always be chilled and will stay fresh for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy an Oreo? Comment below and share with us!
Susan Highland says
These look and sound delicious! To answer your question, my favorite way to eat Oreos is to dunk them in a glass of milk.
Love oreo mint cookies, yummy! Thanks for sharing
Oreos with a cold glass of milk is always the best way to eat an Oreo. Unless it’s one of these truffles!
I like Oreos with a cup of tea in the afternoon but after looking at this recipe, mint Oreo truffles may easily become my favorite. These looks so good.
Amazing…. these look so yummy. I would pair these with a giant glass of milk. My kids would love me if I made them!
Sue M. says
These look really scrumptious, I’d love to try this recipe out! Thank you so much for sharing!
Christina Davis says
Those look really good, i have to try to make them! Thanks!
Sandra Watts says
These are a lot simpler looking than I thought they were going to be. I am definitely going to try them!
Now I’m craving mint chocolate chip ice cream. Thanks for sharing!
Jo-Ann Brightman says
I have never used Oreos to make a truffle and this reipe combines three of my favorites: mint, chocolate and cream cheese.
Tamra Phelps says
Oh, these look great! I’d love to try this recipe. (Have you tried the birthday cake oreos? I bet they would be great in this recipe, too. Maybe for birthday parties.)
Donna B says
These look so good! My sisters and I make lots of candies this time of year, we will have to try these.
Deb E says
These are simple but impressive and who doesn’t love oreos. I haven’t had the mint type but these look good for display at Christmas.
Rachel Dean says
Oh my word! I love the mint Oreos so I’d LOVE these!!!