Loaded Potato Skins with Greek Yogurt Dip
These loaded potato skins are the perfect appetizer for your next party… great for New Year’s Eve or game day! I sense a Super Bowl party coming up with loaded potato skins on the menu! Maybe us Missourians will get lucky and see the Chiefs in the Super Bowl… haha, you never know! You can use sour cream for dip or the delicious healthier option, Greek yogurt dip, we’ve shown below.
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 25 minutes | Total: 40 minutes
- 8 Assorted Small Potatoes
- 3 Bacon Strips
- ½ Cup Wallaby Organic Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 8oz. Block Tillamook Vintage White Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 4oz. Stick Horizon Organic Unsalted Butter
- Splash of Lemon
- ¼ Cup Chopped Green Onion
- ¼ Cup Chopped White Onion
- 1 Chopped Garlic Clove
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Cayenne Red Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rinse potatoes and dry with paper towel. Cook in microwave for 12 minutes or until fully cooked. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Cook 3 pieces bacon in microwave for 3 minutes (not too crispy).
- Chop green onion, white onion and garlic clove into small pieces. Set aside.
- Cut cooked potatoes in half. Scoop out centers of potatoes and place filling into small mixing bowl. Add chopped white onion and garlic, cayenne red pepper, butter, lemon, salt, and pepper to potato mixture and stir.
- Scoop potato mixture from bowl back into potatoes. Top with white cheddar cheese and bacon pieces. Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Add Greek Yogurt Dip (see corresponding recipe below) topping to each potato and place green onions atop. Serve and ENJOY!!!
Greek Yogurt Dip
Total: 5 minutes
- 16 oz. Organic Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp. organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. freeze dried chives
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in small mixing bowl. Add extra olive oil to your desired dipping consistency.
- Enjoy with Loaded Potato Skins or Baked Parmesan Crusted Zucchini!
What’s your favorite way to enjoy loaded potato skins? Do you dip ’em or eat them alone? Comment below and share with us!
Kamla L. says
Quick, easy, and flavorful! These will be great for New Year’s Eve appetizer.
Betty Curran says
I love all the great ways greek yogurt can be used to make good food taste even better
Patty D says
Yum perfect last min appetizer for my New Years eve party!
Jerry Marquardt says
These really look very good. I would love to make these this weekend.