How to Make Star-Shaped Crayons
Learn how to make star-shaped crayons with these simple step-by-step instructions. We are going to show you how to make star-shaped Christmas-themed crayons but you can create these any time of year. Use different silicone mold shapes to create your own favorites. These would be an excellent gift for your kids too!
Baking Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes | Makes: 4 Stars
- 7 Green Crayons (can be different shades, or the same)
- 7 Red Crayons (can be different shades, or the same)
- Star Silicone Mold (or any shape will do)
- Silver Glitter (or red will work)
- Green Glitter (or gold will work)
- Preheat oven at 275 degrees F.
- Remove paper from each crayon.
- Using a knife carefully cut each crayon into tiny pieces.
- Shake silver glitter into 2 star-shaped molds.
- Add green crayon pieces into those 2 star-shaped molds.
- Cover the green crayon pieces with additional silver glitter.
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 for green glitter and red crayons.
- Heat in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove (make sure crayons have turned into liquid).
- Let cool at room temperature overnight (or in freezer for 2 hours for faster results).
What’s your favorite diy gift to make for your children? Comment below and share with us!