Do you enjoy getting together with family and friends to celebrate Easter? We love having a big party on Easter! From years of experience and watching my Mom be an awesome party planner, I’ve put together tips on how to host an Easter party for kids. Making your Easter celebration perfect for your kids is most important!
1. Food and Drinks. We always have a pot luck style buffet. Everyone brings a dish so we can be sure to have enough food for our large parties. We always have lots of families and friends so the more food and drinks the better. You’ll want to be sure to have some simple food dishes for the kids and plenty of finger foods. Here’s some great tips
- Use a cooler to store ice, juice boxes, pop and other drinks for the kids.
- Have guests that are in charge of bringing ice, drinks, plates, utensils, etc. It lessens your work load x 10!
- Use warming buffets and trays to keep food warm.
- Save the candy and favors for the Easter egg hunt!
Here’s some great recipe suggestions for your next Easter party for kids:
- Frozen Yogurt Ice Cream Sandwich
- Homemade Easter Popcorn Gifts
- Strawberry Pie Recipe
- Strawberry Trifle Recipe – My most popular recipe at any dinner!
2. Party Crafts. Have something for the kids to do while waiting for the Easter egg hunt. My son gets very stir crazy so anything to keep him busy works. Have all the kids bring their baseball gloves and they can play a fun game of baseball while they wait. Or, set up a volleyball net or place to play horseshoes. Have plenty of games for the kids to play to keep them busy and having fun!
3. Table Decor. Keep the decor simple. Be sure to have something fun on the tables for the kids to play with keeping them busy. A great idea is to use paper for table clothes. Lay lots of crayons around and the kids can stay busy drawing on the paper.
4. Easter Egg Hunt. Your party favors can be part of the Easter egg hunt. The older kids usually hide all of the Easter eggs while others are eating so the kids don’t know they are being hidden. We like to hide them outdoors. I honestly think we hide hundreds of eggs! The kids always have a lot of fun seeing who can find the most eggs during the hunt. Fill the eggs with candy, coins and other fun favors.
5. Easter Bunny. No Easter party is complete without the Easter bunny! Get a fun grown up to dress up in an Easter bunny costume. We enjoy lots of costumes with fun Easter music. A conga line is always formed when the Easter bunny comes out and the kids enjoy dancing to the music! Make it fun for them!
6. Easter Games. We always enjoy fun games during the Easter party for kids. One that is a lot of fun is a contest making Easter hats. They get very creative! Another idea is to decorate Easter eggs and have a contest for the most unique.
What unique things do you do when you host an Easter party for kids? Share your ideas!