Delicious Cauliflower Chowder Recipe
This cauliflower chowder is the perfect comfort food for a cold winter night. You could puree the cauliflower or chop into chunks light we have in the recipe below. Either way, it’s hearty but still light and delicious. Enjoy this chowder any time of year!
Yields: 6 servings | Time: 45 minutes
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
2. Melt butter in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in cauliflower and bay leaf. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened about 3-4 minutes.
4. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower are tender, about 12-15 minutes. Remove bay leaf and then season with salt and pepper to taste. If the chowder is too thick, add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
5. Serve immediately, garnished with bacon and parsley if desired.
What’s your favorite chowder or soup recipe? Comment below and share with us!