Death by Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
Are you a big chocolate lover? If so, this is the perfect cupcake for you and your sweet tooth! Try our death by chocolate cupcake recipe below. It’s a delicious chocolate cake drizzled with Hershey’s chocolate. You will definitely have death by chocolate after one bite of these delicious cupcakes!
First, let’s make the cupcakes and then scroll on down for the delicious Hershey’s chocolate drizzle icing.
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter ( room temp )
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 2 Large Organic Eggs ( room temp )
- 2 Large Organic Egg Yolks ( room temp )
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Water ( room temp )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, mix butter and sugar.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler.
- Add chocolate to the butter/sugar mix and combined.
- Add in eggs and egg yolks one at a time mix.
- Add in oil, vanilla, and sour cream mix.
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder into a separate medium bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing all together.
- Mix in water.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Fill each liner 1/2 of the way full with Chocolate cupcake mix.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until skewer inserted into center of cupcakes comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in cupcake pan about 15 minutes.
- Cool before icing, about 30 minutes.
- ¼ Cup Dark Cocoa
- 2 Cup Unsalted Butter ( room temp )
- ¼ Cup Half and Half
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 Cup Powder Sugar
- In a mixer bowl with a paddle beat butter until smooth.
- Add the half and half and beat until fluffy and light.
- Add the vanilla and beat for 1 minute.
- Add powdered sugar and cocoa slowly and beat until well blended, scrape the sides of the bowls so its all well incorporated.
- If the frosting is not stiff enough add more powder sugar – ¼ Cup.
Last step – enjoy these delicious death by chocolate cupcakes!