Copycat Olive Garden Crock Pot Pasta Fagioli Soup
Olive Garden is one of my favorite restaurants. I’ll admit, my favorite part is always the salad and continuous bread sticks. They are so delicious! Have you ever tried their soups? Here is a copycat Olive Garden recipe for the crock pot… Pasta Fagioli Soup. Enjoy fresh tomatoes in savory broth with beans and ground beef.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 large Carrots, chopped
- 2 celery Stalks, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 14oz/400g can of chopped tomatoes or pureed tomatoes
- 1 quart/400ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 Cans Cannellini Beans
- 1 (3-inch) piece Parmesan rind (optional, but if you
- can get a hold of it, it adds a lot of flavor).
- 1¼ cups/125g Small Pasta (ie – Small shells or ditalini)
- A couple of good handfuls of Flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt & Pepper
Add the garlic and cook another minute.
Once cooked put into the crock pot along with the stock, 1 can of beans beans (adding the liquid from the beans will add extra thickness to the soup) Parmesan rind (if using) and chopped tomatoes,
Puree or mash the 2nd can of beans with a little of the liquid from the can and then add it to the crockpot. Cook on low 5-6 hours or on high for 2-3.
About 30 minutes before its done cooking add the pasta, chopped and seasonings. Cook until the pasta is cooked al dente (adding water if the soup becomes too thick).
What’s your favorite Olive Garden dish?