Copy Cat Wendy’s Chili Recipe
Love Wendy’s chili? Try this copy cat Wendy’s chili recipe! Sometimes it’s great to fix it at home instead of driving to the restaurant itself. You can increase the recipe and freeze plenty to have it for easy reheating too! Super easy to make and not a lot of ingredients! Top with cheese, onions and serve with your favorite crackers. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- ½ Medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Celery Stalk, diced
- ¼ Cup Pablano or Hatch Chilies, roasted, skin removed and diced
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can Kidney Beans, drained not rinsed
- 1 Can Pinto Beans, drained not rinsed
- 2 teas. Cumin
- 2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 teas. Black Pepper
- 1 teas. Salt
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat brown the Ground Beef, drain and reserve 1 Tbsp. of drippings in the pot.
- Add the Onion, Celery and Chilies to the pot and cook over medium heat until the Onions start to turn translucent.
- Add the Beef. Tomato sauce, Diced Tomatoes, Kidney and Pinto beans, Cumin, Chili Powder, Black Pepper, Salt and 1 Cup water.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and let cook 2 ½ – 3 hours. Add water as necessary to maintain desired consistency.
- Serve hot.