Bacon Jalapeno Sliders
Bacon Jalapeno Sliders are great for adding some spice to your Super Bowl party! You could even make a bunch of these a few days ahead, freeze them and have them ready to heat on the grill or oven.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ c chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt to taste
- 14 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- Texas hot sauce, optional
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onions, bacon bits, lime juice, garlic, and salt to taste.
- Fill pepper halves evenly with cheese mixture.
- Place in a container for easy transport.
- When ready to cook, preheat grill to medium-high.
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil onto grill rack, and carefully place peppers on foil, being sure they don’t fall between grates.
- Cover and grill 8 to 10 minutes, or until the peppers begin to char and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with a dash of Texas hot sauce if desired.