8 Reasons to Take Your Family to The Good Dinosaur
What if dinosaurs still roamed the Earth? The Good Dinosaur gives us a glimpse into what our world might be like if dinosaurs were still alive today. Disney Pixar takes us on an amazing journey into the world of dinosaurs where you will meet an Apatosaurus named Arlo and his unlikely friend Spot, a human friend. The Good Dinosaur hits theaters everywhere today!
I had the opportunity to view the film not once but twice. We pre-screened the film one evening to prepare us for our interviews with the producer & director and members of the cast. And then on another night it was off to walk the red carpet for The Good Dinosaur premiere. What an amazing experience! The second time I watched the film was just as amazing as the first! It is perfect for the whole family to enjoy! I can’t wait to take my family to see it!
I don’t want to give too many details away or that would spoil the fun but here’s my reasons on why you and your family should go see The Good Dinosaur in theaters this holiday weekend:
- Dinosaurs. These amazing creatures are so fascinating to kids. My son loves any type of animated movie that has animals talking. The dinosaurs are just like a kid would imagine too. You also meet a T-Rex ranch family in the movie voiced by Sam Elliott, Anna Paquin and A.J. Buckley.
- Amazing animation. The animation in this movie is absolutely stunning! Based on the Grand Tetons I was amazed at how life-like the trees, water and nature looked. This film has more water shots than any other Disney Pixar film. While you are watching the movie sit back and take in all of the nature and appreciate the beauty of it. Animation looks more and more real with every movie that comes out!
- Lessons learned. As we follow Arlo on his journey with Spot they realize how important family is to them. At the beginning of the movie you will meet Arlo’s family and learn more about Spot along the way. Arlo learns how to make his own mark and to be brave. Arlo is a bit of a pansy in the beginning but the end he has grown to be a brave dinosaur.
- Peter Sohn. This was Sohn’s directorial debut. He nailed it! You can learn more about him in our interview with the Director & Producer of The Good Dinosaur. Besides directing he also voiced one of my favorite characters, the pet collector (Forrest Woodbush). He is absolutely hilarious!
- Great for all ages. My son is ten and he will absolutely love this movie! I think it’s great for all ages and especially perfect for the whole family. It does have a few sad parts so you might want to grab a few tissues on your way in. It is also full of lots of laughs!
- Perfect cast. Three of the characters in the movie are voiced by Marcus Scribner (voice of Buck), Raymond Ochoa (voice of Arlo) and Jack Bright (voice of Spot). We got the chance to interview them (post coming soon) and they are amazing young actors with bright futures. Their voices are absolutely perfect for each character.
- Sanjay’s Super Team. Be sure you arrive on time to see the movie because you don’t want to miss out on the animated short, Sanjay’s Super Team, before The Good Dinosaur starts. It is one of my favorite shorts to date. It is a fun story with the perfect message. Plus, it’s directed and written by Sanjay Patel. He. Is. Amazing!
- It’s Pixar. Has Pixar put out a film you didn’t like? They are one-of-a-kind and give us only the best in entertainment.
Go see the movie this weekend and come back her letting me know how much you loved it. You’ll be glad when you take your whole family. It’s perfect for everyone! Need more convincing? Just watch the trailer below!
Interview with the Director & Producer of The Good Dinosaur
Meet the Young Men Behind the Voices of The Good Dinosaur
HOT Disney Gifts to Give this Holiday Season – including The Good Dinosaur products and Star Wars Disney Infinity 3.0
The Good Dinosaur Red Carpet Premiere Experience
A Heartwarming Story of Father and Son – Sanjay’s Super Team
Be sure to grab more The Good Dinosaur free printables for the kids to enjoy!
Learn more about our The Good Dinosaur press event. Disney/Pixar and MomCo Partner to Celebrate The Good Dinosaur with Giveaways.
Like The Good Dinosaur on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PixarTheGoodDinosaur
Follow The Good Dinosaur on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DisneyPixar
Follow The Good Dinosaur on Instagram: https://instagram.com/disneypixar/
Follow The Good Dinosaur on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/disneystudios/
Visit The Good Dinosaur on Tumblr: http://disneypixar.tumblr.com
Follow Disney/Pixar on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyPixar
The Good Dinosaur opens in theaters everywhere on November 25th, 2015!
N Bear says
I want to take my daughter, but she is only 3, and I don’t know if she will sit through the entire thing.
I always love taking kids to movies that have lessons. I’ve heard you will cry during this movie.
This looks adorable and one that we will be seeing as soon as possible. I love the cute dino.
Heather M says
Looks cute, however I heard it may not be for all young kids due to content.
Michelle Elizondo says
Id like to take my kids so we can have something innocent and fun to do.
I’ll have to pass this recommendation along to my friends with children.
This looks like a cute movie!
mary czerczyk says
This is a movie that I would like to see. I have always enjoyed PIxar movies.
MaryJo Tsitouris says
My son loves dinosaurs so I know he’ll love it! Actually, our whole family is looking forward to seeing it!! haha!
Molli Vandehey says
this movie looks impossibly adorable!
Nena Sinclair says
I can’t wait to take my grandchildren to this move!! <3
can wait to see this movie!
LOL! I’ve been seeing commercials for this movie over the past few weeks. The Good Dinosaur looks like it is a cute movie – I don’t have any kids but, I know my wife and I will be seeing it when we get the chance…
The story reminded me a lot of The Lion King
i agree with all of these! we just took our kids last weekend and they loved it!
Jasmine Patterson says
This looks like such a good movie! I want to see it!