Honey Lemon’s Honeybee Cupcakes Recipe
Try these delicious Honey Lemon’s Honeybee Cupcakes! These would be a great addition to a BIG HERO 6 party to celebrate it coming out in theaters everywhere on November 7, 2014!
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 tsp powdered gelatin
- 3/4 C lemon juice
- 3/4 C sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 T unsalted butter
Honey Lemon Frosting
- 3/4 C lemon curd
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 C heavy cream
- 32 Hershey’s kisses dark chocolate chips
- 1 small tube black “writing icing”
- Prepare cake mix cupcakes according to package directions, filling muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
- Remove 8 cupcakes and set aside for another use. Set 16 cupcakes aside to cool completely.
For Lemon Curd
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine lemon juice and 1/2 cup of sugar in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, bring to a simmer.
- Whisk together remaining 1/4 cup sugar, eggs, and egg yolks in a medium bowl.
- Pour one quarter of simmering lemon-sugar mixture into egg mixture, whisking so that eggs do not cook. Pour contents of bowl back into pan with remaining lemon mixture. Combine cooking, stirring constantly for 2 minutes, until mixture thickns.
- Remove from heat and add gelatin mixture and butter, whisking well.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl.
For Honey Lemon Frosting
- Stir honey into one bowl of lemon curd.
- Beat heavy cream on high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in honey lemon curd. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Scoop out a small portion from the center of each cupcake using a teaspoon.
- Place lemon curd in a large pastic zip-top bag and cut a small hole in the end. Pipe approximately 2 teaspoons lemon curd into the center of each cupcake.
- Place honey lemon frosting in a separate plastic zip-top bag and cut a medium-size hole in the end. Pipe frosting into each cupcake.
- To make Baymax’s face, place two Hershey’s Kisses (top side, down) into the top of the cupcake for Baymax’s “eyes”.
- Use black writing icing to pipe one horizontal line between the two Kisses to complete Baymax’s face.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Click on the image below to download and print the recipe.
Check out our other great articles on BIG HERO 6.
Like BIG HERO 6 on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DisneyBigHero6
Follow Walt Disney Animation Studios on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DisneyAnimation
Follow BIG HERO 6 on Tumblr: http://bighero6fans.tumblr.com/
Visit the Website: http://www.disney.com/BigHero6
BIG HERO 6 opens in theaters everywhere on November 7th!