Where the Crawdads Sing is coming to digital on September 6 and Blu-Ray and DVD on September 13! You’ll get over 17 minutes of never-before-seen deleted and extended scenes. Check out the special features preview below!
From the best-selling novel comes a captivating mystery. Where the Crawdads Sing tells the story of Kya, an abandoned girl who raised herself to adulthood in the dangerous marshlands of North Carolina. For years, rumors of the “Marsh Girl” haunted Barkley Cove, isolating the sharp and resilient Kya from her community. Drawn to two young men from town, Kya opens herself to a new and startling world; but when one of them is found dead, she is immediately cast by the community as the main suspect. As the case unfolds, the verdict as to what actually happened becomes increasingly unclear, threatening to reveal the many secrets that lie within the marsh.
- Adapting a Phenomenon: Explore the journey of bringing the best-selling novel to life as told by the cast and filmmakers of Where The Crawdads Sing.
- Creating the World: When a book is as beloved as Where The Crawdads Sing, the details of the world are everything. Hear firsthand from the designers and artists that translated those images to the screen.
- Women in Focus: From its captivating central character, Kya, crafted by author Delia Owens to the incredible team of women at the helm of the film adaptation, this piece is a testament to the strength, determination and resilience of women both onscreen and behind the scenes.
- 14 Deleted & Extended Scenes: See more of the marsh, mystery and magic in this collection of deleted and extended scenes.
- Lyric Video: “Carolina” by Taylor Swift
CAST AND CREW
Directed By: Olivia Newman
Screenplay By: Lucy Alibar
Produced by: Reese Witherspoon, Lauren Neustadter
Executive Producers: Rhonda Fehr, Betsy Danbur
Cast: Daisy Edgar-Jones, Taylor John-Smith, Harris Dickinson, Michael Hyatt, Sterling Macer Jr. and David Strathairn
CAST AND CREW
Run Time: 125 minutes
Rating: This film is rated PG-13 by the Motion Picture Association for the following reasons: sexual content and some violence including a sexual assault.
Blu-ray™: Feature: 1080p High Definition 2.39:1 | Audio: 5.1 Dolby Digital
DVD: Feature: 2.39:1 Anamorphic Widescreen | Audio: 5.1 Dolby Digital