The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
Utility Bills can get rather pricey especially during the colder months. Would you like to save money on your utility bill? Who wouldn’t, right? ENERGY STAR® appliances can definitely help you save on electricity and water usage. Best Buy offers a great variety of ENERGY STAR® appliances including the perfect washer and dryers for your home that will not only save you money on your utility bill but reduce energy usage and help protect the environment.
Make laundry better with ENERGY STAR – better for your clothes, better for you and your family, better for the environment. ENERGY STAR certified clothes washers and dryers are 25% and 20% more efficient, respectively, than standard models. Save $490 over the lifetime of an ENERGY STAR certified clothes washer and even more with an ENERGY STAR washer/dryer pair.
Better for You. ENERGY STAR certified clothes washers and dryers save energy, which means that you will save on energy bills. Many are also equipped with advanced features that make cleaning and drying easier and more effective.
Better for Your Clothes. ENERGY STAR clothes washers use a variety of sophisticated cleaning methods that are gentler on your clothes, while ENERGY STAR clothes dryers use less heat and sensor drying which reduces wear and tear on clothes from over drying.
Clothes washers and dryers that have earned the ENERGY STAR deliver superior efficiency and performance by incorporating advanced features.
Help Protect the Environment. Saving energy means that ENERGY STAR certified washers and dryers help protect the climate, which means that your kids and the planet will benefit for years to come.
Save Money. Clothes washers that have earned the ENERGY STAR use 25% less energy and approximately 45% less water than standard models. A new ENERGY STAR certified clothes washer will save you about $45 a year on your utility bills compared to a standard model. Over the lifetime of the product, an ENERGY STAR certified clothes washer saves:
- 1,100 kWh and more than 2.5 million BTUs of natural gas,
- 33,000 gallons of water,
- $490 over the product’s lifetime.
If all clothes washers sold in the U.S. were ENERGY STAR certified, we would save more than $4 billion each year and prevent more than 19 billion pounds of carbon pollution annually. This is equal to the emissions from 1.7 million vehicles.
Clothes dryers that have earned the ENERGY STAR use approximately 20% less energy than standard models. If all clothes dryers sold in the U.S. were ENERGY STAR certified, the energy cost savings would grow to more than $1.5 billion each year and 22 billion pounds of annual carbon pollution would be prevented. This is equal to the emissions from 2 million vehicles.
ENERGY STAR Washers Advanced Features:
ENERGY STAR certified clothes washers incorporate the following advanced features:
- Multiple configurations– ENERGY STAR certified clothes washers are available in either front-load or redesigned top-load configurations which include technology innovations that help save energy and water.
- Sophisticated wash systems– ENERGY STAR certified top-load machines clean your clothing just like standard models without wasting water to fill up the tub. Instead, these machines use sophisticated wash systems to cycle clothes through a mixture of water and detergent, allowing the clothes to be cleaned without using excess water or detergent.
- No central agitator– Front-load machines tumble clothes through a small amount of water instead of rubbing clothes against an agitator, while advanced top-load machines lift and tumble clothes through a reduced stream of water. Both designs dramatically reduce the amount of hot water and energy used in the wash cycle.
- High spin speeds– Efficient motors spin clothes two to three times faster to extract more water. Less moisture in the clothes means less time in the dryer and less energy spent drying clothes.
- Long live your clothes– Front-load and advanced top-load clothes washers’ sophisticated wash systems use a variety of methods to lift and tumble your laundry, lengthening the life of often-washed items. Additionally, because they are so gentle, many models can safely clean silk, wool and other hand-washables.
ENERGY STAR Dryers Advanced Features:
ENERGY STAR certified clothes dryers incorporate the following advanced features:
- Low Heat Setting– Longer drying cycles on a low heat setting use less energy. When you purchase an ENERGY STAR certified clothes dryer, look for the cycle that uses the least amount of energy, sometimes known as the “energy-saving” selection.
- Steam Cycles– Many ENERGY STAR dryers also include convenient features, such as a steam cycle that can help save time on ironing clothes by preventing wrinkles.
Best Buy is committed to sustainability. That’s why they offer only the best when it comes to ENERGY STAR appliances.
Want to learn even more about ENERGY STAR washers and dryers? Check out the Best Buy Blog.
Sustainability at Best Buy
Best Buy is committed to positively impacting the environment and its communities. Best Buy provides their customers with a wide assortment of sustainable products. This includes offering a large selection of energy-efficient products, including ENERGY STAR certified electronics and appliances.