Do you enjoy celebrating St. Patrick’s Day? If so, try this fun Lucky Charm Funfetti Trifle recipe. It’s fun for spring or your next St. Patrick’s Day party!
Lucky Charm Funfetti Trifle
Funfetti Ingredients (as per box)
- 1 Box (15.25oz) Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- 3 Whole Eggs
Icing (as per box)
- 1 Box (7.2ox) Betty Crocker Home Style Fluffy White Frosting Mix
- ½ Cup Boiling Water
- 2 Cups Lucky Charms Limited Edition Green Clovers (handpick them out)
- Note: Please note that some of the instructions below were taken from the Funfetti Cake Mix and Betty Crocker Fluffy Icing box instructions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray large, thin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, blend cake mixture, water, oil and eggs. I highly recommend using a Cuisinart or KitchenAid mixer for maximum results. Mix until moistened. Beat with mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour a thin layer (about 1 inch) of cake mix into your large, thin pan (you may need 2 pans for all of the mixture). Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 10-12 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.
- Set aside and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Boil ½ cup water. Beat frosting mixture in a small bowl (metal or glass) and slowly add water while mixing on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high speed for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Take any size circular glass trifle dish (I recommend anywhere from 2” across to 4” across) and place upside down onto cake pan. Press down firmly and twist – cutting out a perfect size circle for your dish. Do this 2 to 3 times, depending on the height of your dish and your preference. Once you have your desired cake layers, start building!
- First, spread fluffy frosting in the base of the dish. Next, add a cake layer. Repeat this process until you have reached your desired height. Top your dessert with a final layer of fluffy frosting, twisting your spatula in the center to create a swirl. Add green lucky charm clovers for the perfect St. Patrick’s Day celebration!
Do you have any fun plans for St. Patrick’s Day? Comment below and share with us!