Peppermint Crunch Oreo Truffle Recipe
Well apparently we are in the mood for truffles! A few days ago we shared our Snowman Oreo Truffle Recipe. They are such easy recipes that have such a cute end result! Enjoy them for the holidays and on Christmas Day. Not a fan of peppermints? Try a variety of toppings! I love adding nuts to these Oreo truffles. Delicious!
Yields: 30-35 servings | Time: 1 Hour
- 1 15.25 oz. package of Oreo Cookies
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
- ½ tsp. Peppermint extract
- 16 oz. white chocolate chips
1. Process the Oreos (entire cookie including filling) in a food processor or blender. Pulse until crumbs are formed.
2. Using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the Oreo crumbs, ½ cup of crushed peppermint candies, peppermint extract and cream cheese until combined. The mixture will be thick and sticky.
3. Using your hands, roll into 30-35 balls. Place balls on a parchment paper lined backing sheet or a silicone mat-lined baking sheet. Freeze the truffles for at least 30 minutes. If they are not cold and solid, the melted chocolate will not coat the balls properly.
4. Melt the white chocolate in a bowl as directed on packaging. Working with one truffle at a time, completely coat the outside of each ball. To do this, simply drop a truffle into the chocolate, swirl it around with a fork and then pick it up using the fork’s prongs. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to allow the excess coating to drip off, and place on lined baking sheet.
5. Sprinkle the reserved 2 tablespoons of crushed peppermint candies onto the tops of each truffle.
6. Refrigerate the truffles for at least 10 minutes so the chocolate sets. Truffles must always be chilled and will stay fresh for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy truffles? Comment below and share with us!