Honey Lemon’s Honeybee Cupcakes Recipe
Try these delicious Honey Lemon’s Honeybee Cupcakes! These would be a great addition to a BIG HERO 6 party to celebrate it coming out in theaters everywhere on November 7, 2014!
Be sure to also check out Aunt Cass’ Wings Recipe and Wasabi’s Tuna Poke Recipe to make your BIG HERO 6 party a night to remember!
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 tsp powdered gelatin
- 3/4 C lemon juice
- 3/4 C sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 T unsalted butter
Honey Lemon Frosting
- 3/4 C lemon curd
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 C heavy cream
- 32 Hershey’s kisses dark chocolate chips
- 1 small tube black “writing icing”
- Prepare cake mix cupcakes according to package directions, filling muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
- Remove 8 cupcakes and set aside for another use. Set 16 cupcakes aside to cool completely.
For Lemon Curd
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine lemon juice and 1/2 cup of sugar in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, bring to a simmer.
- Whisk together remaining 1/4 cup sugar, eggs, and egg yolks in a medium bowl.
- Pour one quarter of simmering lemon-sugar mixture into egg mixture, whisking so that eggs do not cook. Pour contents of bowl back into pan with remaining lemon mixture. Combine cooking, stirring constantly for 2 minutes, until mixture thickns.
- Remove from heat and add gelatin mixture and butter, whisking well.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl.
For Honey Lemon Frosting
- Stir honey into one bowl of lemon curd.
- Beat heavy cream on high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in honey lemon curd. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Scoop out a small portion from the center of each cupcake using a teaspoon.
- Place lemon curd in a large pastic zip-top bag and cut a small hole in the end. Pipe approximately 2 teaspoons lemon curd into the center of each cupcake.
- Place honey lemon frosting in a separate plastic zip-top bag and cut a medium-size hole in the end. Pipe frosting into each cupcake.
- To make Baymax’s face, place two Hershey’s Kisses (top side, down) into the top of the cupcake for Baymax’s “eyes”.
- Use black writing icing to pipe one horizontal line between the two Kisses to complete Baymax’s face.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Click on the image below to download and print the recipe.
Check out our other great articles on BIG HERO 6.
Like BIG HERO 6 on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DisneyBigHero6
Follow Walt Disney Animation Studios on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DisneyAnimation
Follow BIG HERO 6 on Tumblr: http://bighero6fans.tumblr.com/
Visit the Website: http://www.disney.com/BigHero6
BIG HERO 6 opens in theaters everywhere on November 7th!