DIY Santa Claus Gift Tag
Here’s a fun DIY you can create for the holiday season. Create your own Santa Claus soda can tab gift tag or ornament with the steps below. Be sure to print out the printable we’ve included for the stencils!
- Construction Paper (1 Red, 1 Black)
- Single Hole Punch
- Stencils (cut out from free gift tag printable)
- Soda Can Tabs
- Glue Stick
- Silver Glitter Paint
- String or Ribbon
Directions to assemble:
- Place the stencils over a red piece of construction paper. Using a pencil, trace a line around each. Use the pencil line as a guide and cut out the circle and gift tag shapes from the red paper.
- Cut a thin strip from the black construction paper (approximately 3/8 of an inch) to slide through each soda can tab as the Santa belt. You may use a ruler or the straight edge of a piece of paper as a guide to get a straight line.
- Place the “belt” over the circle tag and draw a line where it meets the edges is so you’ll know where to make your cuts. Do the same with the gift tag shape and make the four necessary cuts using scissors. Weave the black paper belts through the soda can tabs. Flip each belt over and place a thin layer of glue along the back. Attach to the red paper tags.
- Using a single hole punch, punch a hole in the center near the top of each tag.
- Dab two small circles of silver glitter paint down the center (above the belt) of each tag, which will be the buttons on Santa’s suit.
- To finish off each tag or ornament, cut two pieces of ribbon. These will be attached to each so you may hang on gifts or your Christmas tree. Take the first piece of ribbon, and place the ends together and create a knot. Slide the knot through the front of the hole at the top of the tag. Lift both the knotted side and loop side of the ribbon up, and weave the knotted side through the loop and pull until it is snuggly fitted around the top of the tag. Do the same for the second tag using the additional piece of ribbon.
Do you like to create your own Christmas diy projects? We’d love to hear about them in the comments below!