When I graduated high school I sure never thought I’d end up blogging. I got several scholarships and it was my goal to become a large animal veterinarian. After weeks of dreading my chemistry, physics, and other classes I decided to move back to the farm for a break. Just a break… Years later here I an ecommerce web designer/developer, married with a sweet and wonderful seven year old son. No veterinarian license in hand.
Although I still dread not receiving it, I do love my life and would never change it. So, how in the world did I start to blog? Well, I still do my web design work and my son would see me work tirelessly at the computer. He just could not wait to be a part of it. So, we came up with the silly Giveaway Bandit character and it was such a huge success that I am here a year later blogging. I really don’t consider myself a blogger. I mean, I never was really a writer. My sister is the fabulous writer of the family. But I do want to get better… for my fans!
- Honestly, I want to meet Ree Drummond. Her and I could roast marshmallows around the fireplace while chatting it up about cattle and the farm life. I would laugh and she would laugh. It would be the talk of the event…
- Do I have any other reasons? Hmmm… Oh yes! I would love to learn more about the media world of JC Little. Maybe she would have some great pointers for our youtube shows.
- I want to learn more about writing. What’s important to write about? What’s not? I just want to learn more about it!
- I want to make connections. This will be my first conference I attend because obviously I will be #winning! I think it is so important to make as many connections as you can in any business. I want to mingle, connect, mingle, connect, mingle, mingle, mingle, connect! Besides, in today’s world isn’t it not what you know but who you know?
- Oh, and I would love to visit my cousin in Atlanta. I haven’t seen him in SO long! 🙂
I could make a list of 500 reasons why I should go, but why keep going on… I mean, who wouldn’t want to meet a small town gal from Missouri? That’s enough of a reason right there! Thanks so much for the chance Simply Sassy Media!