Cornbread Pudding Recipe
This cornbread pudding recipe is the perfect comfort food to bring to any family gathering. It’s a dish that’s been popular in my family for every Christmas and Thanksgiving. It is absolutely delicious!
Be sure to check out more of our great recipes!
Baking Time: 60 minutes | Total Time: 80 minutes | Servings: 8
- 14 oz. Creamed Corn (from scratch)
- – 1 pkg. Frozen Corn
- – 1½ cups Heavy Cream
- – 2 tbsp. Sugar
- – 2 tbsp. Flour
- – ¼ cup Cheese (your choice, shredded or grated)
- – 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 cup (8 oz.) Sour Cream (or Greek Yogurt substitute)
- 1 pkg. (8.5 oz.) Cornbread Mix
- ½ tsp. Rosemary
- ½ tsp. Thyme
- ¼ tsp. Paprika
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in small stovetop pan over low heat. Set aside.
- Creamed Corn from scratch: Heat frozen corn (let it thaw beforehand), heavy cream, and butter at medium heat on stovetop. Continue to stir for 10 minutes on medium heat. Once the heavy cream has thickened, turn heat to low. Add sugar and flour. Stir well. Turn heat off. Add cheese. Stir well. Set aside.
- Combine whole kernel corn (from can), sour cream, cornbread mix, rosemary, thyme, paprika, egg (beaten), and melted butter in large mixing bowl.
- Combine all ingredients: Add homemade creamed corn mixture to cornbread mixture in mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Pour combined cornbread pudding mixture into casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 50 minutes. Tip: use a toothpick to check the center. Serve and enjoy.
Do you have a favorite dish for family gatherings? Comment below and share with us!