How to recognize a scam?
How most of us are picking moving companies? We just go online chose the first best company and signing up without checking credentials. Nowadays the market full of frauds and many clients have fallen a scam victims.
While preparing for relocation to California it is important finding a reliable ways of moving to orange county and avoid frauds. Invite a company’s representative to make a written estimation. To do so he will have to actually look at your stuff. Have few firms to make this estimation and later you will choose most appropriate one. Remember that the lowest price doesn’t mean you can save a lot of money. In most cases it means you will have to pay even more at the end as some major additional costs might be left out.
Other red flags you may notice are: company’s requirement for a large initial deposit, telephone line is not available, firm’s website has no contact details as local address as well as no information regarding licensing and insurance.
Main questions for movers
Having a moving company’s representative at your door? Don’t be alarmed with our simple recommendations you will know how behaving and what questions asking.
After choosing a firm for handling your belongings, prepare a list of important questions to ask them. Think of all possible things that might cause misunderstandings and cost additional money at the end. Here are few essential inquiries to receive answers:
- Does the firm use subcontractors’ assistance in organizing relocation? Additional third parties included in the process demand more thorough inspection. Make sure every involved party is licensed and insured;
- Find out more about rates, fees, discounts offered. Don’t forget mentioning additional charges as packing materials, dealing with oversized items, stairs/parking/fuel costs, etc.;
- Clarify the type of packing: full or partial? what kind of materials are used?;
- Type of insurance also matters as the company may offer a standard package that is included in moving charges. In this case you have the right inviting third party for ensuring full-value protection;
- Discuss timing. Make sure the company able meeting your deadline and delivers your belongings in accordance with your schedule;
- Find out how you can contact movers during the moving process. Contact your mover directly to make sure the contact information is correct;
Don’t be shy asking for references. It is a simple question and if company has nothing to hide you will be provided with required referrals. Contacting previous client will help you making up your mind.