It’s that time of year again, Christmas and been and gone and the toys have been played with and put away. If you are fortunate there will still be a couple of firm favorites being played with but as with any passing phase these toys probably won’t outlast the summer. With this in mind it may be a good idea to start considering what good quality toys will be available in 2013, as if you are thinking of what toys to entertain the children with at half term or need something to fit in the travel luggage for holidays then Playmobil has some firm favorites for 2013. Playmobil is of course a great quality product retailing in over 15 countries worldwide and has been catering for the playtimes of children of all ages for many years so are well versed in what strikes little imaginations.
Playmobil’s pre school range is full of fun characters and everyday objects ranging from trains and diggers to castles and farmyard. These are all simple shapes and easy for little hands to hold, the bright colored and easily recognizable objects allow imaginations to run free. Pre-School firm favorites for 2013 are the moon rocket play set encompassing a simple rocket and spaceman, this is small enough to fit in your handbag so it will provide entertainment whilst travelling and retailing at around £5 is also an ideal good behavior present without breaking the bank. If however you are looking for something to amuse preschooler’s when in the house then the train track is a must with train, carriage and figures providing great fun whilst also helping to improve co-ordination and movement skills.
If your children are slightly older then some of the more complex play sets will fire their imaginations, although slightly more expensive these sets include many more interactive pieces.
• The Super Native American Camp comes with over ten pieces including a wigwam, canoe, horse and Indian figures in full headdresses.
• Superset Penguin Habitat is a must for those children who love animals or have a memory of a much loved zoo visit. With a variety of penguins and characters along with a penguin pool this also introduces some basic water play fun.
If you are looking for something to use outside in the warmer weather Playmobil make sand play and water play sets which children will love getting involved with:
• The pool party is great including a slide, pool and fully functioning shower.
• The Family Speedboat will be fun to use in the paddling pool with figures of mum, dad and children complete with snorkels and flippers and even a cool bag.
• If you fancy something to be used in the sand then the construction workers or the dumper truck will provide hours of fun.
Playmobil cater for all types of play and at the top end of the price market aimed at boys is the Future Planet Space Ship with real solar panels and working light beams and for the girls is a Princess Dream Castle which includes secret hiding places for jewels and a fully rotating floor in the ballroom. Whatever your playtime needs in 2013, Playmobil can be relied on to provide the entertainment.
Author – Vivienne Ollis – Blogger and Toy Consultant for www.beales.co.uk