My husband loves this strawberry pie. His grandma used to make it for him and I got the recipe from her. It is absolutely delicious and great to enjoy on a hot summer day!
- 9" Baked Pie Crust
- 1 C Sugar
- 3 T Corn Starch
- 2 Pints Strawberries
- 3 T Strawberry Jello (powder)
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
- Cool Whip
- Crush 1 pint strawberries, add water if needed to make 1½ C. and add to sauce pan.
- Bring to boil. Add sugar and corn starch. Stir until thick and remove from heat.
- Add jello and stir until dissolved.
- Add 2 T of the hot strawberry mixture to cream cheese. Mix and spread over crust.
- Slice other 1 pint strawberries and spread out over cream cheese mixture.
- Pour hot mixture over strawberries and cream cheese mixture in pie crust.
- Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Mixture should be like jello to the touch - not runny.
- Spread cool whip on top.
The picture above is right after boiling and adding the powder jello. It starts to get really thick. Below is when I added this mixture to the pie. I should have had more strawberries in the pie, but some of our strawberries were bad and I couldn’t use them. So, yes it does normally have more strawberries! Once the pie has been in the refrigerator overnight it should be harder and squishy like jello. If it’s runny, you didn’t add enough jello or it hasn’t been in the fridge long enough. Make your pie and while you are waiting for it in the fridge, why not enter to win some giveaways! Enjoy!