Organic Chicken & Quinoa Salad with Mushrooms & Broccoli
My sister created this organic chicken & quinoa salad with mushrooms & broccoli recipe. It is absolutely delicious and perfect for lunch or dinner. This is a healthy salad and perfect for you if you are watching what you eat. Enjoy!
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 55 minutes Total: 65 minutes Servings: 8
- 2 Large Organic Chicken Breasts
- 1 5oz. Pkg. Gluten-Free Hodgson Mill Quinoa & Brown Rice (Garlic & Herb)
- ½ Cup BelGioioso Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ½ Bag of Organic Woodstock Shitake Mushrooms
- ½ Bag of Organic Cascadian Farm Broccoli Florets
- 1/3 Organic Chopped Red Onion
- 1 tbsp. Organic Lime
- 1 Organic Chopped Garlic Clove (optional)
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic Onion Powder
- ¼ Stick Horizon Organic Unsalted Butter
Boil 2 inches water in large pan. Add 2 large organic chicken breasts. Cook on high until water is halfway evaporated. Turn heat on medium to low. Brown and remove. Let cool.
Please note: poaching 2 large breasts of chicken will take approximately 20 minutes.
Boil 1 ¾ cups water. Add contents of quinoa & brown rice packet. Stir well. Turn heat to low and cover. Simmer 14-15 minutes. Make sure liquid is absorbed, but do not overcook. Remove from heat, stir and let stand.
Cut chicken into small pieces. Chop onion and garlic clove.
In same large pan chicken was cooked in, sauté frozen shitake mushrooms and frozen broccoli florets with butter. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic. Continue to cook on medium heat for 10 minutes or until onions are translucent and mushrooms are half their original size.
Add chicken, quinoa, and shredded Parmesan cheese to pan. Stir. Add onion powder, garlic powder, lime and salt and pepper to taste. Stir again. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.