Mint Oreo Truffle Balls Recipe
Try these delicious mouth water Oreo truffle balls recipes. These are perfect for any party or gathering. They are the perfect bite sized treats. They would be great for any Christmas or holiday party!
Mint Oreo Truffle Balls
Yields: 30-35 truffles | Time: 1 hour
- 1 (15.25 oz) package Mint Crème Oreos
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional: Sprinkles and green candy melts
1. Process the Oreos (entire cookie including filling) in a food processor or blender. Pulse until crumbs are formed.
2. Using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the Oreo crumbs with cream cheese until combined. The mixture will be thick and sticky.
3. Using your hands, roll into 30-35 balls. Place balls on a parchment paper lined backing sheet or a silicone mat-lined baking sheet. Freeze the truffles for at least 30 minutes. If they are not cold and solid, the melted chocolate will not coat the balls properly.
4. Melt the chocolate in a bowl as directed on packaging. Working with one truffle at a time, completely coat the outside of each ball. To do this, simply drop a truffle into the chocolate, swirl it around with a fork and then pick it up using the fork’s prongs. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to allow the excess coating to drip off, and place on lined baking sheet. *If using green candy melts, coat truffle and immediately add sprinkles before coating dries. Also use to drizzle on top of chocolate coated truffles.
5. Refrigerate the truffles for at least 10 minutes so the chocolate sets. Truffles must always be chilled and will stay fresh for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy an Oreo? Comment below and share with us!