Homemade Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
Strawberries are one of my favorite treats during the summer time. They are so delicious in many different desserts. One of my favorites is the best Strawberry Pie recipe ever made I shared with you several months ago. It is absolutely scrumptious! Here is a great Strawberry Shortcake recipe that is to die for! You can make it as pie slices or get creative with cute squares for smaller portions. No matter the shape or size it is delicious!
Prep: 30 minutes Cook: 15 minutes Total: 45 minutes Servings: 8
Strawberry Topping Ingredients
- 16 oz. (or 1/3 bag of) Simply Balanced Organic Frozen Strawberries (48 oz.)
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp. Monin
Strawberry Syrup Shortcake Ingredients
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2¾ cups Flour
- 1½ tbsp. Baking Powder
- 2½ tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Organic Eggs (beaten)
- 8 oz. Wallaby Organic Plain Greek Yogurt
- ¾ cup Organic Unsalted Butter (sliced into small blocks) or Shortening
- 1 tsp. Monin Vanilla Syrup
Whipped Topping Ingredients
- 2 cups Whipped Topping (or you can make your own if you’re feeling frisky)
- 1 small handful Chocolate Mint Leaves (optional)
1. Thaw strawberries. Slice into halves and add to medium mixing bowl. Stir in ¾ cup sugar and Monin strawberry syrup. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
3. Add 2 tbsp. sugar, salt, flour, and baking powder to large mixing bowl. Using a pastry blender (see in-process photo for reference), press room temperature butter into flour mixture.
4. Mix beaten eggs, Greek yogurt, and Monin vanilla syrup together. Combine with flour mixture. Stir just until all ingredients have been distributed evenly.
5. Lightly grease pie dish with non-stick spray. Add mixture.
Instead of pie slices you can get creative and use square baking cups.
Or cupcake baking cups.
6. Bake in oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Check center with a toothpick to ensure the center is not mushy. Shortcake should be light golden. Remove from oven. Let cool.
7. Add strawberry topping over shortcake, distributing evenly.
8. Cut shortcake into 8 pieces as you would a pie. Place shortcake onto serving plate. Add a dollop of whipped cream and 1 to 2 chocolate mint leaves. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite way to enjoy strawberries?