Homemade Chicken Nuggets Recipe
I love cooking with my son and he always enjoys helping me make kid friendly foods. Since he has been out of school for Christmas break, we have been making a lot of fun meals together. Today we made these delicious homemade chicken nuggets. They are perfect for kids and so quick and easy to make! Serve them with fries or macaroni and your kids will love them! There are tons of different ways to bread them and here’s how we done these:
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten – we use our own farm raised eggs and they are super yummy!
- 3 lbs skinless boneless chicken breast tenderloins, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- canola oil for frying
- your favorite dipping sauce
- Heat your oil in a frying pan on your stove top.
- Cut your chicken breast tenderloins into bite-sized pieces or you could even not cut them and make chicken strips.
- Mix the milk and eggs and place in a bowl.
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt and pepper into another bowl.
- Dip you chicken pieces into the egg mixture, then to the flour mixture and into the frying pan.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce!
I cut the first few in half when they were finished cooking just to make sure they were cooked through. They cook very quickly so be sure to watch how hot your heat is and careful not to make them too extra crispy. The flour mixture gives them a nice crispy outside… just the way we like them!
I enjoyed mine with ketchup but my son loves them plain. Great to serve with fries or macaroni!