This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Holiday Breakfast Basket with Don Victor Honey
Holiday gift baskets are always a great way to show someone you care. You can get creative and make about any kind of basket you like. One kind of basket I do not see a lot of are holiday breakfast baskets. You can fill them with a variety of pastries, honey, or jams. I thought delicious homemade honey pecan cinnamon rolls would be perfect for my basket.
I wanted to find the perfect honey for my recipe and include an extra jar in my holiday breakfast basket. I had to grab some taco shells and spotted the most beautiful glass jar of Don Victor Honey in the Hispanic Aisle near the baking items at Walmart. It is raw, filtered honey, not heated or processed in any other way. That’s the way I love my honey! It also comes complete with a honeycomb. Ooh la la! I felt so fancy snagging this honey.
Upscale restaurants often serve comb honey in the center of a plate with expensive cheeses and multi-grain crackers. Did you know you can actually eat the honeycomb? Cover a cracker with a piece of cheese and top it off with a small chunk of honeycomb. It is delicious! I recommend cheddar or brie cheese, but you can try any cheese you like! Cheese and honey are two of my favorite things! Don Victor Honey is also delicious on a piece of your favorite bread, french toast or pancakes. The possibilities are endless!
Be sure to grab our Honey Pecan Cinnamon Rolls Recipe to create the delicious rolls we include in our basket.
Now to create the perfect holiday breakfast basket.
- Start by gathering your supplies and food items. I filled ours with my homemade honey pecan cinnamon rolls, white hot chocolate mix, mugs, plates, towel, jar of Don Victor honey, honey dipper, candy canes and a cute stuffed elf. This is where you can get creative to make it special to the recipient. Fill it with muffins, bagels, or other breakfast pastries if you like.
- Select your basket. I chose a gorgeous red color to celebrate the holidays.
- I put tissue paper in the bottom to build the basket up so it would be more presentable and covered with a cute holiday towel.
- Add any plates, mugs or other breakables that might be large.
- Add smaller items such as jams, Don Victor honey jar or honey dipper.
- Add food items. I added a few honey pecan cinnamon rolls right in the front for a pretty presentation.
- Add a gift tag and recipe card. I printed and folded the recipe on a piece of cardstock. On the back I wrote a special note to the recipients of the basket and tied it on to a handle of the basket.
Be sure to store your Don Victor Honey at room temperature. Your kitchen counter or pantry shelf is the perfect spot! When you place honey in the refrigerator it accelerates the honey’s crystallization. We don’t want that! If you are reading this and thinking about your honey sitting in the refrigerator right now, go check it. Has the honey crystallized? If so, don’t worry. You can simply place the honey jar in warm water and stir until the crystals dissolve.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy honey? Comment below and share with us!