Edible Candy Cane Shot Glass
Looking to create something unique for that holiday or Christmas party to wow your guests? These edible candy cane shot glasses are perfect! Fill them with the candy cane flavored milk. So unique and fun! You can get creative and make any flavor you like!
Time: 2.5 hours | Serves: 8
Candy Cane Shot Glass Ingredients
- 24 Candy Canes
- Wilton 8-Cavity Silicone Shot Mold
Candy Cane Rim Garnish Ingredients
- 4 Candy Canes (crushed)
Candy Cane Milk Ingredients
- ½ cup Water
- ¾ cup Pure Cane Sugar
- 4 Candy Canes
- 1½ cup Half & Half
Candy Cane Shot Glass Instructions
- Preheat oven at 250 degrees.
- Break candy canes into small pieces by hand. Stuff candy cane pieces upright into each shot mold. Fit them in as tightly as possible in order to eliminate any chance of holes. Place smaller pieces on top (they will melt down).
- Heat candy cane shot molds in oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until they just begin to bubble. Remove immediately. Using a butter knife, push any stray candy cane melt back into molds. Place in freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove each candy cane glass from silicone mold by gently pushing them inside out and twisting.
Candy Cane Rim Garnish Instructions
- Break candy canes into small pieces. Place a towel over candy cane pieces. Using a rolling pin, crush candy cane until it is super fine.
- Coat the rim of each candy cane shot glass with very little water. Dip each rim into crushed candy cane immediately. Sit upright and let dry. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Candy Cane Milk Instructions
- Combine water and sugar in a small stovetop pot and heat on low. Stir continuously for 10 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved, creating simple syrup.
- Break candy canes into small pieces and add to simple syrup. Continue to heat on low and stir for 8 minutes or until candy canes are dissolved.
- Slowly stir in half & half. Remove from heat. Transfer candy cane milk mixture into a small bowl. Cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Pour candy cane milk into candy cane shot glasses and serve.
What’s your idea for an edible shot glass favor? Comment below and share with us!