Easy Santa Claus Cupcakes Recipe
Make your own easy Santa Claus cupcakes with the recipe below. These are perfect for Christmas and the holiday season. Your kids will love these cupcakes! Just start out with a simple cake mix and then decorate your cupcakes however you like! Let your kids help and get creative with Santa!
Mix it up for the kids and set these out for Santa to enjoy with a glass of milk instead of milk and cookies! I can always remember setting out cheese and milk or a glass of Sprite because apparently that’s what Santa liked at our house when I was little!
Santa Claus Cupcakes
Yields: 24 Cupcakes | Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 box white cake mix (plus required ingredients listed on the box, i.e. eggs, oil & water)
- 1 container white frosting
- 10 oz. Mini Marshmallows
- 48 Chocolate Chips
- Red M&M’s or round red candy
- Red sugar sprinkles
- Bake cupcakes as directed on box.
- Allow cupcakes to cool. Spread a flat layer of white frosting onto each cupcake.
- Place mini marshmallows along the bottom edge of the cupcake (stop halfway up the cupcake) to create the Santa beard. Place mini marshmallows in a slightly rounded line across the top half of the cupcake to create the Santa hat.
- Place two chocolate chips below the hat line for eyes, and a red M&M slightly below the eyes in the center to create a nose.
- Sprinkle red sugar sprinkles only on the top of the cupcake above the marshmallow line for the hat.
- Roll a mini marshmallow into a ball. Dip the edge of the ball in frosting and place on one side of the sprinkled hat to complete the hat.
- Repeat this process on all cupcakes.
What’s your favorite memory of Santa as a child? Comment below and share with us!