Easy Kids Chicken Nuggets Recipe
My son loves chicken nuggets just like millions of other kids. I’m not a frozen foods shopper at the supermarket so I like to make easy kids food like this from scratch. I know, it’s not as easy as popping something in the microwave… If you’re like me, I hope you enjoy this easy kids chicken nuggets recipe! Serve it with your kids favorite dipping sauce but if they are like my son they don’t like any kind of sauce. Nope, my son doesn’t like any kind of sauce, not even ketchup or mayo. Enjoy the recipe below!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup panko
- 1 package ranch season mix
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons of milk or buttermilk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Combine flour, panko, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, and ranch seasoning mix in a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg and milk in a medium bowl.
- Toss chicken pieces in the egg and milk mixture. Shake off excess and place in flour mixture until coated well.
- Heat the vegetable oil in large pan to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in oil and cook until golden brown, 6-8 minutes. Repeat until all the chicken is cooked.
What does your kids like served with their chicken nuggets?
Want to try another chicken nuggets recipe? Try our Homemade Chicken Nuggets Recipe!