April Fool’s Day is always a big deal in our household. My son pretty much lets it linger on for days afterwards… constantly April fooling us. He doesn’t quite understand that it’s just for the one day so we like to have fun with it. I always have the hardest time fooling my husband. I’m thinking some dessert burgers might just do the trick this year! These are fun and delicious but most importantly they will fool pretty much anyone! Enjoy them on April Fool’s Day or anytime throughout the year! They would even be fun for your Easter dinner.
- Jif Hazelnut Salted Caramel (or Nutella will work)
- Nilla Wafers
- Powdered sugar
- Green Frosting
- Yellow Frosting
- Red Frosting
- Mix equal parts Jif Salted Caramel and powdered sugar in a bowl (1/2 cup of each).
- Kneed into a dough with your fingers, shape into small burger shaped patties.
- Use two Nilla Wafers for the buns.
- On the bottom bun put green frosting, layer on the “fake beef patty” put yellow and red frosting on to make it look like mustard and ketchup.
- Top with a Nilla wafer for the top bun, enjoy!
If you make these fun dessert burgers, who will you be trying to fool for April Fool’s Day?