Have you made the dark chocolate superfood bites we recently posted? Here’s another great superfood recipe: our dark chocolate green superfood smoothie! I love creating green drinks and smoothies. I have another I’ll share with you soon that I create nearly every day. It is delicious and so great for you!
Dark Chocolate Green Superfood Smoothie
Yields: 2 Servings | Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 heaping tablespoon dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 banana, peeled and frozen
- 1 large handful fresh spinach
- Ice to taste
Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Add additional ice until smoothie reaches desired consistency.
Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
Note: This is not an overly sweet smoothie – the option of adding a bit of agave or honey will sweeten it up and still keep healthy.
What’s your favorite type of smoothie? Comment below and share with us! I’d love to try your suggestions.