This #ItsADaisy shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias
Daisy BB Guns Make Cool Christmas Gifts for Boys
My son loves the outdoors and enjoys target practicing with his dad. We live in a very rural area so guns and hunting are extremely popular here. I knew a Daisy BB Gun would be the perfect gift for my son to enjoy with dad. Of course, I couldn’t wait for the holidays so I went ahead and gifted it to my son early as an incentive for his good grades and good behavior at school. Daisy BB Guns are cool Christmas gifts and the perfect gifts for boys and girls.
I knew the perfect place to shop for his new Daisy BB Gun would be Academy Sports. During my visit I noticed three Daisy models to choose from including the Red Ryder BB Gun, PINK or 880 model. I knew the Red Ryder BB Gun would be the perfect fit for my son, considering his age. The Daisy BB Guns are perfect inexpensive Christmas gift ideas. They will last your kids for years and give them hours of fun play! I also made sure to purchase Daisy shooting glasses (safety first!) and a package of Daisy BB’s.
Giveaway: We are giving away a $100 Gift Card to Academy Sports! Be sure to enter the giveaway at the bottom of this post!
Gun Safety with Daisy BB Gun
Educating my son on handling his gun was my first priority. Daisy educates roughly one million of America’s youth a year through their Ten Lesson Shooting Curriculum about BB gun use and safety (found here). I can not stress enough how important it is that you learn gun safety with your children. Daisy’s educational curriculum has been around since 1948. That’s very impressive and makes me feel like they make our children’s safety a top priority.
Ten Rules of Proper Gun Safety
Proper gun handling should be your first priority! We have several different guns in our home but they are never loaded unless in use. My husband always stores the ammo in a different location. Keep your guns locked in a gun safe when not in use!
- Always point the muzzle in a safe direction. Accidents can and do happen so be sure to always be pointing your gun away from anyone. We always point it down to the ground.
- Always wear proper safety gear. Make sure your children wear proper safety shooting glasses when using their Daisy BB Gun.
- Every gun is loaded! Maybe not, but this is how you should be treating all guns. My son will say well it doesn’t have anything in it… you actually don’t know that! It’s important to always treat a gun as if it were loaded and ready to shoot.
- Only load or cock a gun when you are shooting. Always unload your gun when you are finished shooting.
- Check your target and beyond. Where we live we have to be careful cattle or other livestock aren’t behind our target. Watch for your neighbors too! You might be so focused on your target and not notice your neighbors home in the distance.
- Avoid ricochet. I have actually had this happen to me. We had a BB gun when I was little and I can remember shooting it at a target. The BB missed, hit a building, ricocheted and hit my sister in the side of the head. She was a long ways from where I was shooting but it’s a good example that this can happen! It scared me so much that I am constantly lecturing my son on how BB’s can ricochet off of buildings and other objects.
- Never climb a tree or jump a fence with a loaded gun. You never know when you could trip and fall causing a terrible accident that otherwise could have been avoided.
- Keep your muzzle, barrel and action free of obstructions. Keep your gun clean and make sure it is in proper working order at all times.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until you’re ready to shoot. Accidents do happen!
- Respect people’s property. I can’t stress this enough! I don’t know how many times every hunting season we have people hunting on our land without permission. I never understood why someone thinks they can hunt on someone else’s land without asking. It’s so frustrating! Always ask and always thank land owners for allowing you to hunt on their land. Never assume you can hunt on their land because you know a friend of a friend of their cousin. Besides, we pay the taxes on that land!
Be sure to have fun!
You might think this is overkill for handling a BB gun but accidents do happen. Your child can lose an eye from ricochet so always be careful and use those guns properly!
Daisy Partnerships: Daisy educates through its partnership with leading conservation and youth training organizations such as National Wild Turkey’s JAKES Take Aim, 4-H National Shooting Sports, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Royal Rangers, Youth Shooting Sports Alliance, Civilian Marksmanship, NRA, JROTC units, scouting, fish and game as well as church and private camps. 4-H shooting sports is huge in our area!
Gun Ranges: Daisy has engaged the masses with portable, inflatable BB gun ranges that can be found at major outdoor sporting goods retailers and leading conservation organizations. The majority of those who attend the an outdoor or store event and shoot at the ranges are first-time shooters. This is such a great opportunity for kids to learn more about shooting their guns, meeting new friends and having fun!
Learn More About Daisy BB Guns:
Enter to win a $100 Gift Card to Academy Sports to purchase a Daisy BB Gun of your own. Giveaway is open to the US only, ages 18 and older. Giveaway ends December 10, 2014 at 11:59 pm EST. Enter to win via the giveaway form below and good luck!
Giveaway Bandit is not responsible for prize fulfillment. Gift cards will not arrive in time for Christmas.