Cream Cheese Wafers Recipes
These cream cheese wafers could be made any time of the year. You can just change up the colors and decorative look to make them perfect for Easter or even Christmas. They are a delicious sweet treat and super easy to make!
- 7 ounces all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 ounces vanilla sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
Directions for Wafers
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and vanilla sugar in the bowl using mixer.
- Add the egg and mix on medium speed until blended.
- Add the vanilla extract and milk mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed just to incorporate.
- Chill the batter for 10 minutes in refrigerator.
- Scoop teaspoon-sized balls onto parchment paper
- Using a spoon to slightly flatten each ball.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the pans to a cooling rack.
- 1 oz package of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Food coloring
Directions for Frosting
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and milk until well blended. Divide into 5 separate bowls leaving.
- Add one drop of food coloring to four of the bowls leaving one white.
- Frost the tops with colored frosting.
- Frost the middle of one cooking with the white frosting and make a sandwich.