The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
Best Buy has the latest in energy and water efficient appliances in support of Earth Day! These appliances are from entry-level to premium to meet any budget! The Energy Star certified washers and dryers at Best Buy are perfect to help save your family time and money.
I love that these amazing appliances use less energy and water. Did you know that if your washer was built before 2003 it is significantly less efficient than newer models? Yes, that’s right! Learn how you can save $180 a year just by upgrading your clothes washer!
Benefits of ENERGY STAR certified Washers*:
- Use less energy. On average, a new ENERGY STAR certified clothes washer uses 280 KWh of electricity and can save you $40 a year on your utility bills compared to a standard model.
- Use less water. A full-sized ENERGY STAR certified clothes washer uses 13 gallons of water per load, compared to the 23 gallons used by a standard machine. That’s a savings of more than 3,000 gallons of water, per year!!
- Is your washer over 10 years old? Washers built before 2003 are significantly less efficient than newer models. If you have a standard clothes washer that is over 10 years old, it’s costing you, on average $180 a year.
Benefits of ENERGY STAR certified Dryers*:
- Use 20 percent less energy than conventional models without sacrificing features or performance
- Sensor Drying. Use sensor drying, not timed drying. ENERGY STAR dryer models incorporate advanced moisture sensors to help you reduce your dryer’s energy use. This feature ensures that your dryer will automatically shut off when clothes are dry
- Low heat setting. Longer drying cycles on a low heat setting use less energy. When you purchase an ENERGY STAR certified clothes dryer, look in the informational materials shipped with the product for which cycle was tested for certification and how the dryer’s other cycles or settings may use more or less energy.
- Consider gas. Eighty percent of dryers in the US are electric. If you have the option, consider using a gas dryer to save money and reduce your environmental impact.
LG Twin Wash & Sidekick Messaging and Benefits:
- Let’s lets you do two loads at once, so you have more time to do the things you’d rather be doing in life. It’s LG’s ingenious way of helping today’s consumer divide and conquer their daily workload. First helping them divide and conquer their laundry, then enabling them to divide and conquer every other part of their day.
- The product itself can amaze, but the innovation behind it is what inspire; as soon as you see it in action, you’ll understand. It’s completely in tune with what trendsetters need to tackle their daily grind – innovative solutions for their real (busy) life.
- The innovative LG TWIN Wash is all about efficiency, helping you get more clothes cleaner in less time. With a combined capacity of up to 6.6 cu. ft., the TWIN Wash boasts an ergonomically elevated and angled door that makes loading and unloading easier. Plus, the LED control panel is located on the door, right at your fingertips.
- TurboWash 2.0 feature saves up to 30 minutes on larger loads with outstanding cleaning performance
- TurboSteam technology deeply penetrates fabrics for greater cleaning power
- The full-width lid helps prevent spills thanks to an easy-to-fill detergent tray with recessed design
Sidekick Messaging and Benefits:
- The Sidekick can pair with almost any LG front load unit. You can wash smaller loads without having to waste water by using the main unit.
- Add the ingenious LG SideKick pedestal washer to almost any LG front load washer to tackle two loads of laundry — both large and small — at the same time.
- Discretely styled with a concealed control panel, the LG SideKick not only functions as a secondary washer, but also raises your front-loading washer to a comfortable height and matches the pedestal beneath your LG dryer.
- 1.0 cu. ft. capacity is just the right size for cleaning smaller loads as often as you need
- Delicates, hand washables, and workout wear get the special care they deserve
- The LG direct drive motor has fewer moving parts for greater efficiency, plus a 10-year warranty
- Magnetic remote control offers a convenient way to start, stop, or select a cycle
Best Buy Offers:
- 18 months major appliance financing or 10% rewards (increased from 5 to10% for April!) and 10% back in grocery purchases (NEW – testing during this campaign)
- Free delivery on purchases $399+
How are you using your appliances to save energy and water? Comment and share below!